Smart Agriculture Open Access Publication Policy Statement
In order to promote the rapid, extensive and effective dissemination and maximize the public interest of agricultural research results, Smart Agriculture decided to implement an immediate and complete open access policy on papers published in this journal, and encourage and support the self-storage policy.
1. For all papers published in Smart Agriculture, the published PDF and HTML versions are available for public access as soon as it is published on the journal's website (http://www.smartag.net.cn).
2. The peer review form of Smart Agriculture is double-blind peer review. All manuscripts are given to not less than two small peer reviewers to assess the scientific quality after the initial evaluation by the editorial department, and the editor-in-chief ultimately decides whether the article can be published.
3. Permits third-party users to share under the user license Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivs (CC BY-NC-ND), i.e. to allow third parties to copy, re-distribute the articles, but in these processes the author's name and original publishing information must be retained, limited to non-commercial purposes, and no interpretation. For more information, please visit the https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/.
4. Before the manuscript is published, the author is required to sign a "copyright license agreement" with the editorial office to license the copyright to be used by Smart Agriculture, authors retain the copyright.
5. In addition to archiving on the official website, the full-text data of Smart Agriculture are also archived in institutions such as the National Science and Technology Library (NSTL), CNKI, Wanfang Data, and the National Engineering and Technology Digital Library. Smart Agriculture also encourages authors or authors' institution to archive the papers to implement self-archive immediately in the author's institutional repository or on the author's personal website. The archived version is a peer-reviewed final released version with a basic license of CC-BY-NC-ND. However, it is necessary to indicate the published information in the metadata of institutional repository and use it as a recommended way of citation.
6. Promotes the further deepening and expansion of open access publication, support the semantic revealing, retrieval and association of the paper data, support the open access of the original digital resources (not just PDF version), support the publication and utilization of additional materials, actively explore and test digital content, expand service capabilities, and support the rich display, mobile acquisition and generalization of research results.
7. In order to support open access publication, Smart Agriculture charges an article processing fee (APC), which is to be paid by the author or his institution, projects, etc. The fee is RMB 500 (USD 80)/page. If the author does not have the subject funds to pay the layout fee, he may apply to the editorial department for waive or discount.
8. Authors are encouraged to submit manuscripts (preprints) of papers to well-known pre-printed platforms, such as arXiv, ChinaXiv (http://chinaxiv.org), prior to their official submission, and published pre-printed manuscripts of papers will not be considered as republishing. Smart Agriculture encourages all versions, including submitted version, accepted version (author accepted manuscript) and published version (version of record) to be deposited in an institutional or other repository of the author's choice without embargo.
9. Institutions and authors are welcome to provide open access publishing funds. The journal is willing to strengthen exchanges and cooperation with the industry, support the construction of open access infrastructure including institutional repositories, and strengthen the sharing and cooperation in the construction of journal resources, operating modes, tool platforms, and author training.
Editorial Office of Smart Agriculture